Pages

Monday, December 4, 2017







Heard Over the Herd   
  
                                                             I am not the voice of the herd
I am not the voice of the heard


                                                             I am not the voice of the Heard
I am not the voice of the herd


                     (((HeARD)))

                                                             I am not the voice of the herd
I am not the voice of the heard

                                                             I am not the voice of the heard
I am not the voice of the herd


********************


What the drunk
in the back of the squad car said
while the officer kept his eyes
on the road
  
I’m the umbrella, man!
I’m your doppelganger
I’m the end of the world, you know

Like a hand full of saltines
crunched by a giant
I’m on fire, your Excellency
I’m the forgotten symbol of time and space

I’m the last explorer to return with the gold
I’m sailing away from society
In a galleon made of brown glass
And though you pirates

attempt to interrupt my voyage
I shall only begin again
I will embrace your green mats
I will embrace those locked doors
and terrible bologna sandwiches
I will stand still
for the snap shots and fingerprints
like Napoleon
on a hill
before a battle

I will associate with the hollowed out
dreamers
I will watch the marred men
drooling on concrete floors
I will share a rotting bowel movement
with the crusted toilet
I will accept and I will deny
and I will find you all useful
like napkins in a tree house
and you
you my scurvy friend will drive
drive endlessly through the night
like an abortionist
with a trunk full of fetuses

I will name my next ship
after your bargain with the devil
I will puke
in anonymity
and excrete in glory

I shall raise the other inmates
like limbs of flame
and we shall dance about
the house of justice!







********************




********************





No comments:

Post a Comment