Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Memoir of an Ice Cube 

I am an ice cube in a sea of soda,
lolling here for hours. I am among
this caravan of swirling ice cubes,
stale sea of soda. Sit here
in the shallow end, feet swinging, swirling, shriveling:
how small this tall glass is. I once thought
it was everything.


*********************


Albino Corporation
  
Summer
& the kids are dropping
aluminum cans like business cards
that read “I’m young, I’m wild, I’m free.”

Skateboarding beneath a rotisserie sun,
Delicious skins frying across the tippy toed length
of June, July & August. Meanwhile
a man collects up all their cans

like a stooped November custodian
gathering musky gym towels
“I will make a profit of your sinful youth,”
he grunts while a sticky genie

composed of sugary pools
of caramel colored sodas
entwines
his albino corporation.


No comments:

Post a Comment